Wednesday, August 24, 2011

38 Weeks

Just had my last baby shower today and I'm blown away by how generous my family, friends, and co-workers are! After gift cards and all the gifts today, we officially have EVERYTHING we need!!! I ordered his glider and swing online with all the gift cards and didn't have to pay dime out of pocket :) Blake has diapers to last him for months and clothes to last him until he's in 18-24 month size! What blessing all these people are to us! Blake is already spoiled, and he's not even here yet!


Seriously, Blake has more clothes than me!


Onto the weekly update! Maybe the last one!?
*How far along?: 38 Weeks
*How big is baby?: He was estimated to be 6 pounds 5 weeks ago via 3D ultrasound
*Weight Gain: 21 pounds, I passed the dreaded 20 pound mark - ugh!
*Sex: Sweet baby boy!
*Maternity clothes: Still my maternity jean capris and lots of dresses
*Stretch marks: My lower belly has faint red marks all over it now :(
*Sleep: Wishing it wasn't so interrupted by position changes and trips to the bathroom ...
*Symptoms: Everything from a bloody nose in the morning, to constant urge to go to the bathroom, contractions when I stand up for any period of time, my pelvic bone feeling like it's going to break when I change positions, throbbing heels, swollen ankles, and always sleepy - I sound like a serious complainer, but this pregnancy thing really was a breeze for me until these last couple weeks, I swear!!!
*Movement: Blake is always re-adjusting his position or kicking if something presses on my tummy :)
*Food cravings: Mexican is still my food of choice, but that's not necessarily pregnancy specific. Blood sugars haven't exceeded 100 for a while now (shouldn't be over 120 after I eat)
*Labor signs: Contractions happen just about every time I stand up for any length of time. But when I lay down, they go away - so nothing to rush to the hospital for yet...
*Belly button in or out: Still an innie, but part of it is protruding
*What I miss: Sleeping on my tummy, being able to get up off the couch/bed without serious preparation/effort, and not waking up with excruciating back pain in the middle of the night
*What I'm looking forward to: Meeting our sweet baby :) Doctor is doing an ultrasound to determine his weight next week! I'll have more information about what the next plan of action will be in less than a week (i.e., induction or c-section)

0 comments: