Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

Thursday, February 16, 2012

5 Months

To all 3 of my readers out there, sorry it's been so long since I've blogged! Every moment of my free time after work has been spent squeezing on my little guy, studying, and doing homework.

Blake has been blowing our minds here lately with all of his milestones and growing like a weed. He wants to sit up - but, anytime we sit him up, he topples right on over after a few seconds. "They" say that heavier babies have a harder time supporting themselves sitting/rolling/walking since they have more weight? I don't know?

Blake is giggling, sticking out that cute little tongue, sucking on his fingers and lower lip, pushing up really well on his tummy, and standing up with support.

His typical schedule is after he sleeps 10+ hours, he eats around 8, followed by some baby food; take a 45 minute nap sometime in the morning; eat around noon; take a 45 minute nap; eat around 4 or 5, followed by some baby food; take a 45 minute nap; and eat one last time right before bedtime around 8 or 9. When I'm at work and we can see how many ounces he's drinking - it's about 28-32 ounces a day, and 8-10 ounces of that is formula now. We started supplementing around 4 months because my little piglet was soo hungry! I wish he would take longer naps during the day, but I've been told once he's crawling that it will wear him out and make him more tired. I cannot complain though - he sleeps SOO well at night, I can handle the short naps :)

So far, he has tried rice cereal, oatmeal, sweet potatoes, avocado, sweet peas, carrots, and now bananas as of yesterday. He gagged on the sweet peas at first, but he can tolerate them now :) And it appears that the bananas are his favorite food thus far. I am looking forward to making him some apples and pears in the next couple weeks. I have made all of his baby food, mostly for cost purposes - but also, because I know exactly what he is getting in his food (no preservatives, food coloring, etc.).

We just had Blake's 5 month visit to the pediatrician today for a couple more shots (HiB and Prevnar) and he weighs 18 pounds and 14 ounces (over 2 1/2 pounds since last month - geesh)!

I will stop blabbing (sorry I like to use this blog as my little reference for his milestones also - and don't want to miss anything!)

Here are some 5 month pictures :)




(Somebody already has a mole on their right foot. Guess he got that from his mama - you can connect the dots all over me, ha ha!)

Have a blessed week :)

And remember, if it's important to you - MAKE TIME FOR IT! 3 years ago today, I lost a good friend who was supposed to be a bridesmaid in my wedding (she literally "dropped dead" at a Bible study and they still aren't certain what exactly caused her death). Treat each day like it's your last :) Love you all!

Brooke

2 comments:

Amanda Parker Uruski said...

I guess I am one of your three readers :)

Chrissi said...

great words to live by! blake is beyond cute! love, love your header :) give that sweet boy a squeeze for me...hope you guys are wonderful!