Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Drum Roll Please!

I've made my decision on where I'm going to work :) I accepted the med/surg nights position at Northside -Forsyth in Cumming, GA.

It's located about 25 miles north of the main Atlanta campus ...

Now we just need to figure out a place to live that's convenient to everything :) David and I are currently considering Sandy Springs again so he can easily get to school, but we can also hike up to Cumming (for my job) and Roswell (for his job). We shall see! As usual, we will keep you updated!

It feels so great to finally have a plan! Now, I just need my GA nursing license to post online so that I can start orientation in January :)

Saturday, December 19, 2009

Still Trying to Decide

So, I mailed off all of my GA board of nursing paperwork to get my RN license in GA. I found out on Thursday that it can take 5 weeks to get licensure, so even though I have not heard from Shelby about the L&D position, I figured it can't hurt to go ahead and get my license since we eventually want to move back anyways.

I have officially decided to make Wednesday (12/23/09) my cut off date in making my decision about what job to take. If Shelby has not communicated with me about the job by then, then I'm accepting Northside's offer! I really don't understand how Shelby thinks they can get away with having me wait almost a month to hear back about if I got the job or not. That's ridiculous. I mean, if they want me, then they wouldn't be taking their sweet time.

I hope I'm making the right decision :( God, please guide and bless the manager at Shelby and myself in this process ...

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Decisions Decisions

Below is the predicament that I am currently in .. I have copy/pasted a few emails that were sent/received today about my job hunt...

Sent 9:37 AM to Shawn (nurse manager) from Me

Hey Shawn,
I hope you had a great weekend! Quick question, I was wondering if you have made your decision for your nights position(s)? I was offered a med-surg position over the weekend and I really do NOT want to accept their offer if you are going to offer me a position to work with your floor. I believe I have a week or two to respond to that job offer, is there any way you will be making your decision by then? Sorry to bother. Have a great week!



Received 12:20 PM from Shawn to Me

I am still conducting interviews so I can not promise I will have a decision in time for you to make your decision. I encourage you to evaluate what is best for you at this time. Because Women’s is a specialty area, my decisions are often long thought out due to past experiences. I do appreciate your eagerness and interest in working in the Women’s Center here at Shelby. Your impression from the interview process enables you to remain an applicant of consideration but again I have not reached a decision to date.

Thank you,

Shawn Yarbrough, R.N.


Sent 12:41 PM from Me to Shawn


Thank you for such a quick response :)

I do need to tell that other offer by this Friday, but I will ask them to give me more time. I will wait however long that it is necessary for you to make your decision. I would rather work with you all than anywhere else, so however long I need to wait, I will wait :) Best of luck in the rest of your interviews!


So the decision that I have to make is ... if I have not heard anything from Shelby (labor and delivery nights in Birmingham) by Friday, and I'm supposed to let Northside (med-surg nights in Atlanta) know by Friday .. what should I do? I'm considering accepting the offer in Atlanta, but what if I'm offered the L&D position a week after I tell Northside that I will accept their offer? I wish I could predict the future ...

Thursday, December 10, 2009

Interview Central

I went on an interview last week for a Birmingham area hospital for Labor and Delivery Nights (my DREAM job, not shift though). I have another interview tomorrow at an Atlanta area hospital for Med/Surg Days (my DREAM shift, not job). I hope I get a job offer SOON!!! Hoping to post some amazing news next week :)